About Me

Life is learning. Life is change. Life is good. Life doesn't have to cost a lot. I want to make my life greener, healthier, and thriftier. And I want to enjoy doing it!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Glad To Be Back

Happy New Year!

Yes, I know it's the 15th of January, not the 1st. Hey, at least I got here before Easter ... around here, these days, that's something of an accomplishment.

A lot has happened since I put my old blog on "pause".  (You can see it here.)

I turned 55 and got a new job for my birthday.  Actually, I started the day before my birthday, but "got a job for my birthday" has a nice ring to it.  And after being unemployed for over a year, it did feel like a gift from the universe!
I really, really like this job.  And I really, really like the people I'm working with  -  with only one exception, I've worked with all these people before, and we all like each other, get along very well, and work together very well.  It's all good.

Did you make any resolutions this year?  I didn't  -  at least, I didn't make any new ones.  My goals are still the same  -  to be more frugal, to make my lifestyle healthier, to make my home greener.  We'll see how things go.

Frugality  -  thrift, penny-pinching, tightwaddery, cheap living, or whatever you want to call it  -  is going to be more and more important as time goes on.  The Big Guy turns 60 in a couple of weeks, and he's talking about early retirement.  Frankly, right now the only difference it would make would be that regular monthly CPP cheque.  He's been out of work now for as long as I was before I got my new job in October, and regarding expenses vs. income, things are starting to get a little worrisome.

Greener living  -  well, I learned a lot over the last year and a half.  What really surprised me wasn't that we saved money by going greener, but how much we saved. 


Healthier living  -  baby steps, baby steps.  Some changes will save money, some won't, some will cost a little more but be worth it.

Blogging will help me in all three areas.  It keeps me focused, it keeps me motivated, it keeps me accountable.  And some days, it keeps my head from exploding.

No comments:

Post a Comment